We are a welcoming social club, creating a warm, friendly, safe, environment for singles, couples and families to enjoy a quiet drink in good company. There is ample parking space for cars.
We have a varied choice of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic reflecting our member’s tastes and wishes.
We are affiliated to the Association of Conservative Clubs which, for a small fee, gives access to all affiliated clubs across the country.
The first steps in the formation of the club came on 18th February 1927 when the founding members did a land search on the site then known as Marshalls Hall in Havering Drive, which was on the site currently occupied by St. Edwards Church of England Primary school.
That year the club took out an annual lease from the owner Edith Marie Webster at £150 per annum.
A general meeting of the members was held on 15th November 1927 where the officers and committee were elected – there were 23 persons in attendance.
The constitutional requirements having been satisfied, the meeting voted to open the club that day and the club began trading.
The club was formally opened by Charles Rhys the local MP on Saturday 3rd December 1927.